Amid the rugged edges of the Steinernes Meer, the stone mountains and the gentle slopes of the grass mountains, it is not just a superb holiday region that awaits you, but also an ideal, idyllic little place for your golf holiday in Salzburger Land. On the 8 golf courses in the 45 kilometre, maximum, area around the Riederalm, every golfer will find something to suit their needs, irrespective of their strengths.
There is probably barely no other nicer place for a game of golf than the courses in the middle of the Alps and located between the small town of Saalfelden and the holiday village of Leogang. Golf with the breath-taking mountains of the Steinernes Meer in the backdrop – at the highest standard. Around the Good Life Resort at the Hotel Riederalm in Leogang there are 8 dreamy golf courses, which are unique in all of Austria.
You can work on your handicap, practice teeing-off in the biggest driving range in Austria or ponder your tricks and strategies on how best to get past the bunkers or through the roughs, on the following golf courses which are very close to the Riederalm.
Urslautal Golf Club(10 km away): As a golf hotel, the Good Life Resort Riederalm is a partner hotel to GC Urslautal, which– in contrast to most of the other golf resorts in the region – is located on a tranquil plateau between Saalfelden and Maria Alm. Here, on a fairway spanning 5000 m², is one of the biggest driving ranges in all of Austria. On 60 courses, drives of up to 250-300 m are possible. Special feature - avail of the discounts which you receive at Urslautal Golf Club as a guest of the Riederalm.
Brandlhof Golf Club(8 km away): on this 18-hole -course flat terrain meets spectacular mountainous panorama. The idyllic babbling stream provides a calming backdrop, yet at the same time provides a challenge for every golfer, since it is integrated into the game. Highlight for dog owners – your dog can accompany you on your round of golf when it is on a lead. There are even specifically designed E-Golf cars available, with dog transport options. That means that you really do get to enjoy a game of golf together with your four-legged friend.
- Zell am See-Kaprun golf club (20 km away). This is just the place for golfers looking for a top-class course, with views to Lake Zell and the Kitzsteinhorn. GC Zell am See-Kaprun has two like-for-like 18-hole courses on flat terrain that is encircled by natural biotopes and reeds – in spite of its alpine setting. On the various tee-off levels, ranging from white to orange, beginners, pleasure-oriented golfers and golf pros alike feel just great. Dogs on short leads are welcome here too! And anyone who wants to take part in a golf tournament will be well catered for here.
- Mittersill-Stuhlfelden golf club (40 km). This golf paradise is at the foot of the Hohe Tauern, between Kitzbühel and Zell am See. The characteristic feature of the 18 hole golf course are the old hay barns, of which there are many on the flat terrain. In the club restaurant, which is open continuously, visitors not only have a direct view to greens 9 and 18 in the winter garden, they can also enjoy a nice meal and some wine on the club terrace.
- Ellmau-Wilder Kaiser golf club (40 km). In Ellmau in the Wilder Kaiser region, where the ‘Bergdoktor’ - from the television series of the same name - is based, there is also the 27-hole golf course. The golf course nestles idyllically in the Kaiser Mountains massif, is slightly undulating and has 27 variety-packed fairways, split into 3, 9-hole courses. Something for those who see golf as an experience of nature, in a superb Alpine setting.
- Kitzbühel-Schwarzsee golf club (45 km). The terrain in Kitzbühel-Schwarzsee golf course is extensive and balanced, which is why all kinds of players are very well catered for here. Unforgettable views to the Wilder Kaiser and the Kitzbüheler Horn are assured during a round of golf here. Tip: take a good look around at hole 15! If you have ever wanted to conquer the ‘Mausefalle’, then this is the very place. Nearby Lake Schwarzsee promises cooling refreshment in the summer!
- Kitzbühel-Kaps golf club (40 km). Kitzbühel-Kaps golf club is not just steeped in tradition, it also provides a unique view to the Gamsstadt beneath it. On this 9-hole golf course the element of water teams up in a fascinating manner with an longstanding tree population, creating a terrain which invites you to feel just great and enjoy the sport to your heart’s content.
RIEDERALM TIP FOR ALL GOLF LOVERS
With the Golf Alpin-Card you may purchase three, four or five green fees at once and choose from some 40 golf courses in Salzburg and Tyrol. Our team will be delighted to provide you with information!