There are few holiday regions which offer such an abundance for variety-packed leisure and adventure-packed attractions as Saalfelden Leogang in Salzburg’s Pinzgau region, irrespective of whether you go in spring, summer, autumn or winter. And very different holiday requirements are indeed fulfilled here – experience it for yourself and visit us in the Hotel Riederalm in Leogang, a Good Life Resort managed by the Herbst family.
Can you hardly wait for the last of the snow to disappear and the first blades of grass to sprout up? Even outside the winter season Leogang has an unbelievable amount to offer in the spring-summer-autumn seasons, as soon as nature awakens from her winter slumber at the start of April and the pastures and fruit trees gradually start to blossom.
The Leogang Mountains, Pinzgau’s Grass Mountains and Steinernes Meer are just waiting for hiking excursions, on a signposted and very well-maintained network of hiking trails spanning a total of 400 kilometres. Pleasure-oriented hikers and connoisseurs alike will be delighted by the easy panoramic hikes, circular hiking routes and themed routes. In contrast, sporty summiteers and mountain buffs will strike it rich, either on the moderately difficult hikes in the grassy and rugged mountains, via ferrata routes and challenging Alpine and high level tours in the middle of the Alps. Some 20 managed Alpine inns provide refreshments in Saalfelden and Leogang with their regional, in part own-produced, delicious food, like ‘Kaspressknödel’, ‘Kasnockn’ and ‘Pinzgauer Bladl’.
Saalfelden Leogang has also made a name for itself when it comes to cycling and is one of the choice bike regions in Austria. Little wonder, since with more than 720 km of mountain bike routes, Bikepark Leogang for downhillers and freeriders, and a very well-tended infrastructure for mountain biking and road riding, there is a fantastic setting for an action-packed cycling holiday in Austria.
- Nordic Walking and Running: Proceed over sticks and stones on 21 designated routes, of all difficulty levels. A special guidance system for all runners, trail runners and Nordic Walkers has been specifically developed by running specialists and guarantees quality, safe and appropriately classified tours. There is a no-cycling policy on these designated run routes.
- Golf on the main courses at Urslautal and Brandlhof golf clubs and at 20 other golf courses in the surrounding area
- Swimming: Swimming is really good fun, and not just here with us in the hotel, where there are 2 pools, each 20m in length. Summer refreshment is more sought after than ever before! As a special highlight, Ritzensee in Saalfelden and its natural swimming offer, is the order of the day. Along with a boat trip, with Steinernes Meer as the backdrop, you can relax and unwind on one of the spacious loungers. Meanwhile, mini golf is also available for activity-oriented holiday makers.
- Climbing: In the mountainous rocky terrain, mountain buffs really do feel great. The mountain sports region has been developed bit by bit, and in the interim an abundance of sports-level and Alpine climbing routes have emerged. The range on offer for beginner climbers is extensive too, with climbing schools and two contemporary climbing halls in Saalfelden (‘Felsenfest’) climbing hall, and in Leogang (ÖAV climbing hall).
- Archery: Relaxing, a stay in the open natural surroundings and concentrating on one point on the target? Archery is all about going back to what is original and it is precisely this that makes this sport so charming. Come along to the archery course in Leogang, whatever your previous experience; children can even get involved. The strategically positioned targets blend ideally into the wonderful panoramic mountain scenery, and it is as if you have become a part of it. Give it a go – you are in good hands with Bogensportschule Holzer.
With the LöwenAlpinCard during the spring, summer and autumn months you get to take the gondola to the intermediate and mountain stations on Leogang’s Asitz mountain and also the use the cable cars in Saalbach and Hinterglemm.
Heads up snow lovers! In winter during your stay in the Hotel Riederalm in Leogang and Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn a contrast-rich and variety-packed ski area is right on the hotel doorstep for you. Clip into your skis at the hotel and in just a few swings you will be at Leogang’s Asitzbahn. The Skicircus provides almost limitless fun on the pistes, over 270 kilometres of pistes, distributed in all difficulty levels.
It is not just the Skicircus that has everything ‘skiers’ need – whether you are a beginner, pro or a family – the infrastructure is excellent and includes speed and race routes, snow and freeride parks, ski schools, ski hire and ski bus. In some 60 cosy mountain lodges in the middle of the ski area you not only get to relax during your ski break, you also get to sample the full array of local delicacies.
- Freeriding in Nitro Snowpark Leogang: at the Asitzmuldenbahn numerous obstacles lie in store, bag jumping, a Natural Freeride Park and also an ultra-motivated team who keep the Snowpark in great shape each and every day.
- Cross-country skiing on 150 variety-packed kilometres of slopes for skaters and Classic style skiing fans, of which 30 km cross-country slopes are right in Leogang
- Alternative leisure activities away from the piste like tobogganing, ice-skating, snow-shoe and winter hikes
- Horse-drawn carriage rides through the romantic snow-covered winter landscape