Cross-country skiing in Leogang means endurance training and nature experience at the same time. Cross-country skiing is one of the healthiest sports, it demands the majority of all muscles, is easy on the joints and strengthens the circulation. The very special highlight is the exercise in the fresh air, surrounded by the most beautiful mountains, all covered with snow - simply a dream.
Saalfelden Leogang has developed into a real cross-country skiing and biathlon stronghold in Austria in recent years. You will find yourself in a 150-kilometre network of cross-country ski runs, which are maintained daily and are popular with beginners as well as local top athletes such as Simon Eder or Julian Eberhard. The cross-country trails even lead to the neighbouring villages of Maria Alm, Zell am See or the biathlon world cup metropolis Hochfilzen. Directly from the Good Life Resort Riederalm, a beautiful cross-country trail leads to Saalfelden.
The location of Saalfelden Leogang in an expansive, sunny basin in a unique mountain setting, provides optimum conditions for cross-country skiers and ski tourers. Head to the slopes and glide ...
- 30 km cross-country slopes in Leogang, some 150 km of slopes in the core slope network around Saalfelden and Leogang, very well-tended classic and skating tracks
- Slopes of all difficulty levels – predominantly easy to medium-difficult; Here, you can find all cross-country skiing trails from easy to moderate to difficult.
- World Championships slopes at Ritzensee for performance-oriented skiers and skaters
- A 10 minute drive will take you up to 1000 m into the Biathlon World Cup metropolis of Hochfilzen in Tyrol. These slopes are snow-assured from December through to April. The Biathlon World Cup takes place here at the start of December.
- Use of the ski bus between Saalfelden and Leogang is free of charge for cross-country skiers too. Further information and a timetable is available directly at Reception. Here, you get to the actual ski bus plan.
- Options for cross-country skiing, skating and biathlon courses as part of a group, or private lessons. The cross-country schools look after beginners as well as those who have advanced level knowledge. Here, you find cross-country schools in Saalfelden Leogang.
- Here, you find cross-country equipment available to hire from various sports shops.