Softly gliding through untouched, snow-covered landscapes over glittering hills and idyllic valleys. Cross country skiing is a great way to enjoy nature and improve your endurance. In the area of Leogang Saalfelden, there is a 150km network of trails right through the majestic mountain landscape of the Salzburg Mountains.
Beginners and ambitious cross country skiers can choose from many dreamy routes. There is even a trail leading to Saalfelden that crosses by the Riederalm Arena Hotel.
The location of Leogang-Saalfelden in an expansive, sunny basin in a unique mountain setting, provides optimum conditions for cross-country skiers and ski tourers. Head to the slopes and glide ...
- 30 km cross-country slopes in Leogang, some 150 km of slopes in the core slope network around Saalfelden and Leogang, very well-tended double and skating tracks
- Slopes of all difficulty levels – predominantly easy to medium-difficult
- World Championships slopes at Ritzensee for performance-oriented skiers and skaters
- A 10 minute drive will take you up to 1000 m into the Biathlon World Cup metropolis of Hochfilzen in Tyrol. These slopes are snow-assured from December through to April. The Biathlon World Cup takes place here at the start of December.
- Use of the ski bus between Saalfelden and Leogang is free of charge for cross-country skiers too. Further information and a timetable is available directly at Reception.
- Options for cross-country skiing, skating and biathlon courses as part of a group, or private lessons. The cross-country schools look after beginners as well as those who have advanced level knowledge.
- Cross-country equipment available to hire from various sports shops.