A dvent time
D electible fragrances
ariety of anticipation E xpectation
ostalgic scent of cloves T Temperatures fall
From mid-November to Christmas, the most beautiful places in the cities and towns turn into fairy-tale Christmas markets. Come on a short holiday in the Riederalm in a pre-Christmas atmosphere and enjoy our Good Life Christmas programme.
In the shop windows on the shopping streets you can already find the first Santa Claus. In the supermarket you can already see the first Advent calendars and Christmas pastries. Days are getting shorter and temperatures are falling. For many people, there is no better way to get into the Christmas spirit than to visit a Christmas market. The scent of cinnamon and cloves brings back memories of Christmas. Christmas tree ornaments and home-made, knitted, felted items are available for sale amongst dried pear bread, gingerbread, fried almonds and chestnuts.
- Decorate your home for Christmas
- Write a Christmas list to the Christkind (which brings the presents in Austria) or to Santa Claus
- Watch Christmas movies
- Bake biscuits & pear bread
- Make an advent calendar, Christmas decorations or an Advent wreath
- Prepare gifts
- Make punch, mulled wine or Jagatee (tea spiked with fruit schnapps or rum)
- Light scented candles and incense
- Listen to Christmas carols
- Visit Christmas markets
- Enjoy a break in the Riederalm including the Good Life 'Advent magic' weekly programme (incl. Advent brunch, torch hike, culinary delights 'Christmas Edition', horse-drawn carriage ride,...)
Every year we experience the 'quiet and contemplative' Advent season. Since November, we have been listening to Christmas music in many shops. The shops are bustling, Christmas markets are opening and mulled wine and punch stands are very popular. You cannot really feel the quiet, contemplative time before Christmas. Rather, the impression is created that this time is becoming louder and more hectic.
Take a break and relax in the Riederalm. Our Mountain SPA offers the best opportunity for rest, relaxation and regeneration. Get out of the hectic Advent season, take a lovely time out in the Riederalm in Leogang and enjoy the time before Christmas in the mountains.