The emphasis in Bikepark Leogang, one of the biggest and most renowned bike parks in Europe, is on up-and-coming talent and this extends to the existing bike park terrain around what is currently the biggest children’s park in Europe. This means that a season filled with riding fun awaits the next generation of bike stars.
- Kiddy Park A children’s course and practice course featuring eight wood elements and 15 ground obstacles. The elements are no higher than 40 to 50cm, to prevent any heavy falls. The park can be ridden by very small infants on their balance bikes, right up to teenagers aged around 14. However the course is best suited to the bike school training. The park is 1m wide and is covered with diabase.
- Freeriding The freeride route has two steeply banked oval bends, tables, doubles, pumps, kickers and log sections The route can be used as an optimum preparation area for the 500m freeride route. The conveyor belt provides quick and easy transport.
- Drop Line There are drops of five different heights on the line – 50cm, 80cm, 100cm, 130cm, 150cm. The approach is 20m, the landing 10m and the run area 20m. In the access and run-off areas the drop is linear, so the focus is wholly on drop training.
- Long bend line This element is for working on proper form when entering and exiting bends. Conveyance is conveniently provided by the conveyor belt. Length: 80m
- Short bend line Short bends which quickly follow on from one another, to perfect how to take bends, enhance your ability to react and work on fluid crossings. Conveyance again is via conveyor belt. Length: 80m
Early practice is what makes a rider - the mini bike park for kids in Leogang is just the place for exercise-hungry "rookies" and with its many different opportunities to practice with professional supervision it provides an ideal basis for children to get a feel for the bike.