Cross-country skiing is one of the healthiest sports, because most of the muscles are used, the joints are protected and the circulation strengthened. The very special highlight of cross-country skiing in Salzburg is the movement in the fresh air, surrounded by the most beautiful mountains, all snow-covered - simply a dream.
In recent years Saalfelden Leogang has developed into a real cross-country and biathlon mecca in Austria. Saalfelden Leogang offers a network of 150 kilometres of well-maintained trails, often used by beginners, but also by top-class local athletes such as Simon Eder or Julian Eberhard. The trails even lead to the neighbouring villages of Maria Alm, Zell am See or the biathlon World Cup metropolis Hochfilzen. Directly from the Good Life Resort Riederalm a beautiful cross-country ski trail leads to Saalfelden.
Saalfelden Leogang is located in a wide sunny basin surrounded by a magnificent mountain scenery. It offers perfect conditions for cross-country skiers and ski tourers. Climb into the cross-country ski trail and glide ...
- 30 km of cross-country trails in Leogang
- approx. 150 km of trails in the central network of trails around Saalfelden and Leogang
- very well maintained classic and skating tracks
- Cross-country ski trails of all levels of difficulty - mostly light to moderate
You will find here all cross-country trails from easy to medium to steep and heavy.
- World championship trails at Ritzensee lake for sporty runners and skaters
- In about 10 minutes by car you are at 1000 m above sea level in the biathlon world cup metropolis Hochfilzen in Tyrol. These trails are considered snow-sure from December to April. The Biathlon World Cup takes place here at the beginning of December.
- The use of the ski bus between Saalfelden and Leogang is also free for cross-country skiers. Further information, as well as the schedule, can be obtained directly at the reception.
- Possibility for cross-country skiing, skating and biathlon courses in the group or private lessons. The cross-country skiing schools take care of beginners as well as advanced skiers.
- If you do not have your own cross-country equipment, you can rent the equipment from various sports shops.